Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, April 07, 2008

MIA

I've certainly been Missing In Action this last month. Lots of stuff going on with the move to the new house which is progressing slowly but surely. The computer is working (sort of) and the camera cable finally reinstalled so I can post some photos.

It's been a long hard winter here in southeast Michigan and I'm not assuming that it's over yet, but this weekend & today were glorious! Spring is starting to play peekaboo..


The rhubarb along the south side of the house is starting to show the little red bumps of growing leaves that presage rhubarb cobbler in about six more weeks.


The tulips I planted last fall are starting to sprout. I didn't plant the entire bag that our neighbor across the road gave me and some of them were sprouting, so when I was cleaning out the flower beds yesterday, I stuck the ones with shoots into the ground - probably planted them too shallowly, but I'll replant them deeper next fall.


It doesn't take much to make me happy - here you can see the first faint evidence that the Seven Sisters rose made it though another winter in the small leaf buds along the runner.


And here is why our three cats have been blissful recently: the first catnip leaves of spring which were sprouting under a covering blanket of leaves.



On the moving front, since it's been dry & sunny so we weren't in danger of tracking snow and/or mud into the house for the first time in months, we moved the antique oak cupboard that used to sit in the entry way at the old house and found that it fit almost perfectly into this corner between the fireplace and the hall. The lamp is an antique that belonged to my Grand-aunt Ruth. We also moved the oak table and two chairs over so the kitchen is almost complete except for needing to clean off the peninsula counter top which has attracted all the tools DH needs for what he calls his "Honey, do" projects. These include new towel racks in the master bathroom, fluorescent lights in the basement and the old shelves from the pantry installed in one corner of the garage.


And just to assure you that I haven't been totally asleep knit-wise, there are fourteen hat & scarf sets in this tote along with the toddler sweater & a shawl - all for our 4K group. I forgot to get a photo of grandson's sweater. The body is complete and I'm working on the first sleeve.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Glad to see you posting again! And yup, it looks like spring - in more ways than one!
(((hugs)))

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

People keep saying it but I'm leary about the whole spring thing lol...beautiful buds and leaves and it is so nice to see you settling in. :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Glad to see you posting here again. Sounds like you've been quite busy! Can't wait to see more pictures of your flowers once they start blooming!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a