Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Of Socks 08 - Started

It's a little belated because I'm in the process of setting up the NEW COMPUTER, but this photo was taken at 12:34 a.m., Saturday, June 21st.


That's the very start of the toe at which point I gave up and went to bed. The sock is coming along - the toe & foot are done and I started the heel bed. I'm trying a variation of using slip 1, k1 on the right side rows of the heel bed and slip 1, purl across on the wrong side along with offsetting the slip stitches every 4th row. I'll try to get a photo when I get past the heel turn.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Yeah!! for the new computer! And yeah for the start of SOS08!
:)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Knitting Magic Girl said...

Is that yarn OnLine by any chance? Looks very similar to the color I used for DF's socks! If it is, it works up very nice.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

COngrats on your starting the summer of socks... Can't wait to see the pattern of the yarn you are working with. I like it so far!!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a