Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, June 20, 2008

Busy Week

I've been trying to clear the decks for the beginning of the Summer of Socks 08 which starts in about 20 minutes.


First project - which is coming up short by about 12 rows - is an afghan for Beaumont Hospital which asked our K4 group to knit or crochet two full sized afghans and a number of smaller lap robes for which they've provided the yarn. This is the first of the full sized ones (50"x65") which I started on Monday during knitting class.


Second project, which did get finished, is the first pair of socks out of my Vinca sock yarn stash. I love them, but the yarn doesn't run quite true in color sequence even though I pulled out some of the second skein until I was where I thought the colors on the toe of the first sock started.


Details: Vinca super-wash sock yarn, size 2 Harmony DPs, and my toe-up sock pattern. They didn't get finished as fast as the pair I made before them but that was in part because I wanted to work slow so they'd last until SOS08 starts tonight at midnight. I used two circulars and a figure 8 cast on for the toe, worked a small rectangle and then picked up stitches and switched to DPs.


Here are my materials that I'll pick up about 11 minutes from now. Sadie decided that she wanted to help while I was arranging needles & yarn, so she got into the photo.


What's that I see in the front hallway??? A NEW COMPUTER!!! Actually, we got two of them and DH is in the process of getting his set up before he tackles mine. This one has a sound card so I'll be able to listen to knitting pod-casts (and the Grateful Dead) on line.. More later, it's time to cast on..

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Great socks! And WHOOHHOOO!!! New computers!!!
I'm so glad that finally you all are able to enjoy life a little bit - not to mention the smart purchases you're making are helping to fuel the economy!!!
*wink*
That computer is going to be so exciting for you! A SOUND CARD??? Wow!
:)
(hey! That's your Oressa DPN case!!)
(((((Hugs)))))

10:21 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Love the newlt finished socks. Can't wait to see all the goodies you make for the Summer of Socks... Cute pics of e grandkids modeling ther sweaters! Lokks like you had a great time on your trip!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a