Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Quite well at the moment, thank you..


Remember how small the tomato plants looked when I put them in? They're getting bigger every day.


Just about every one of the plants have blossoms and small tomatoes.


These are the ones I can't wait for - grape tomatoes, my version of summer candy.


The zucchini is blooming, but so far none of the blossoms have baby zukes behind them. I may have to pull out the catnip as it appears to be crowding the zucchini out - something I never thought would happen given the size of the plants I used to get at the other house.


And, finishing up the edible part of the garden, here are the potato plants which are doing nicely despite being up against the south foundation which usually produces too much bounce back heat for anything to grow well.


On to the pretty parts of the garden. Mom's Peace Rose came on strong again this year. This rose is almost as old as I am and has been moved successfully several times.


These lilies were already in the front flower bed when Mom & Dad moved here in 2002. There are a few more of them every year.


Along the side of the garage, the larkspur self-seeded and makes a nice contrast to the Marguerite daisies behind.


The 7-Sisters rose is blooming along the east fence in the back yard.


I don't know what this is - probably a weed - but it's pretty.

Not much knitting in this post, but I finished the second 50x65" afghan about an hour ago. Will try to get a photo before I turn it in. I'm still working on the first SOS08 sock. Whatever possessed me to try a spiral ribbing pattern when I have a new computer & a stack of good books? The sock went quickly until I got to the leg, now it's creeping. I joined Plurk in order to get Wendy's SOS08 sock pattern for members. There's a link to my page up there in the sidebar. I'm enjoying the new computer - especially the sound card that lets me listen to streaming audio of Grateful Dead concerts. You knew I was going to do that, didn't you?? {g}

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Garden is growing strong. I am happy to report ours is moving along quite nicely too. Oh and that last flower pictured is a Rose Campion. It self seeds. I have some here too.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

The garden looks great! And you know me, I'm enjoying the roses shots!
(((hugs)))

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a