Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, August 08, 2008

08-08-08 - A FO & A New Start


I finished the second pair of socks for SOS08 a few minutes ago. These are made from Vinca color #8. I started them back on July 18th, but let them languish for over a week when I discovered a mistake a few rows back in the blueberry waffle stitch. Yesterday, I sat down, tinked back & got going again. I was disappointed that once again the two skeins of yarn didn't come close to matching - the solid grey around the heel of the left sock was nowhere to be found in the first skein and I was unable to find a spot in the second skein that would let me start with a solid blue that would then meld into a blue grey mix. Still, I like the yarn and love the way that it demands just a few more rows to see what the next color change will be.


A photo of the heel. The gusset isn't very big, but the heel fits nicely.


And here is the next pair - again Vinca yarn in color #551, size 2 Harmony double points and my usual toe up pattern. I haven't even started to think about what design I'll add either to the instep or the leg, but I love the shades in these skeins.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Ah well, fraternal twins...it's okay - they're warm!
(((hugs)))

9:10 PM  
Blogger Barbara Marr said...

So maybe these 'fraternal twins' are going to be your entry into the 'non-plain'.

Actually, like you, I prefer basic or plain in yarns. I just call them classics and feel good about that.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Very pretty - I like the long color repeats. I will have to check that yarn out.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a