Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, September 01, 2008

More Charity Knitting And A Slow Moving Sock

Most of my knitting this last week or so has been hats.


The one on the right will go with a crocheted scarf that was made by Frances from my knitting & crochet class. Frances tries a new stitch pattern with every scarf she makes and is working her way through a book with 30 different patterns. The hat on the left will, hopefully, be sold to increase our kitty for yarn purchases. It combines a strand of apricot worsted weight with a multi-colored fun fur.


These two were knit to go with crocheted scarves someone crocheted and dropped off at the Sr. Center without leaving their name. The scarves are double crochet with fringe so I added some simple patterning to the hats.


This set is all mine - the scarf is garter stitch on size 15 needles, the hat is the standard pattern with a bit of patterning to again add some interest to the set.


Here is my slow moving sock - I don't think I'll get this pair done in time for SOS08, but they will get finished. I'm using my customized toe-up sock pattern and adding in the lace design from Wendy's Seaweed sock pattern. The original design for the large size sock was a 9 stitch repeat, so I added an extra purl stitch between the lace cables so I had 6 repeats of a 10 stitch pattern for 60 stitches that I'll have around the leg.


I really like the way that the lace also forms cables. Thanks, Wendy!


And finally, this is what passes for a diner salad these days - lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, green pepper, & onion topped with lots of home grown tomatoes!! MMMMMMMMMM...

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

So you're not patterning all around the foot with the Seaweed sock. That's something I missed in your explanation via email!
A picture is worth a thousand words, right?
(((hugs)))

9:39 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow...are you knitting in your sleep again? lol That salad looks really yummy! :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Knitting Magic Girl said...

How are you liking the toe-up socks? I'm thinking that my next pair will be Vinnland from The Anticraft and those are toe-up.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a