Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Double Duty

I finished my vest for the Vest-uary KAL last night, just in time for it to also count for the KnittingPurls Winter Warmies KAL which concludes today.


These hats are also for the Winter Warmies and, like the others before them, are destined for the Detroit shelter for homeless veterans. The one on the left is worked in Red Heart Amazon with a little dark brown added in as stripes to get the scarf to an acceptable length. The variegateds & flecks are such pretty yarns, but the skeins are always smaller than the solid colors. The set on the right is worked with three strands of the coned yarn that was donated to our K4 group about a year & a half ago. It's all machine knitting type yarn and quite thin, but used in multiple strands it's the equivalent of worsted weight plus it gives me the fun of combining colors.


Other than knitting, not much has been going on. Both DH & I were under the weather for a couple days but are feeling better now. We had a record breaking warm spell this last week but now we're back in the deep freeze with snow once again on the ground. At least the warm spell and the rain helped melt away some of the piled up snow and it was warm enough one evening that we celebrated by firing up the grill out in the back yard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Nice vest!

And glad you're both feeling better...it was probably due to that warm snap - up and down temps do it all the time around here...
(((hugs)))

9:28 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The vest looks great! Really love those spring colors! I'm glad and DH are feeling better too! :)

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a