Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, May 31, 2009

WOOT..!!!!!

Guess what happened? I entered Wendy's most recent contest via a comment on Plurk and I WON!!!


That's two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn in "WendyKnits Sunrise"! Thank you, Wendy (& Wendy's random number generator)!!

I have to admit that discovering that I was one of the winners and then a few days later getting the package of yarn provided some welcome excitement in an otherwise fairly dull knitting life. I'm now on hat & scarf set #40 for the Veterans. I'd take a photo, but it would look pretty much like the previous photos with some small exceptions of yarn colors.

I did, however, take Wednesday evening and finish off the lace repeats on the second Feather & Fan sock in Bernat SOX Wooded Denim. Now I just need to do the ribbing & bind-off and that pair will be done. Summer of Socks 09 starts tomorrow on the first, but I'll be a bit behind as I'm leaving Tuesday morning for a week in Pennsylvania visiting DD#1's family. I'm still trying to decide whether to get along with a carry-on or pay the $15 each way to check a larger bag. Decisions, decisions..

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What are your plans for the sock yarn. It is lovely. Congratulations.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a wonderful win, and I can't think of a more deserving recipient. After all that knitting for others, I hope you make yourself something very nice with this lovely present.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Daniele said...

Congratulations, Jane! You will love that yarn.

No worries, I think the SOS KAL doesn't start until June 21st.

Have fun on your trip!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a