Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Another New Year Rolls Around

2014 - seems just like yesterday when we were worrying about Y2K. The years keep going faster and faster now that I'm retired. This will be a short posts - no photos as I've been too lazy to download the camera card to the computer - just a way to let you know that I'm still alive & kicking.

I finally got the surgery on my right knee done on Oct 18th and everything is going fine. At my 7 week visit, Dr. Kasab said that if he didn't know better, he would have thought that I was at the 6 month mark in terms of range of motion. Both knees still ache a bit in this cold weather, but not as bad as they did with the arthritis.

I've been knitting - mostly more hats, so take a look at the photo from October and imagine them in different colors. The Orion Center has taken away our access to the room we use on Thursdays so our K4 group will only be  meeting on Mondays. They're hoping to rent out more rooms during the day to increase revenues. Not sure how that's going to work, but so far they haven't asked us to pay rent which would be difficult as they no long allow us to display items for sale except for several times a year when they have indoor garage sales.

On the genealogy front, my  Dunham-Wilcox-Trott Kirk site was picked for the third year in a row as one of the best 75 websites by Family Tree Magazine. I haven't made any breakthroughs in my own research and I'm way behind on coding files others have sent so that's one thing I have to get done in these next few months.

Other than the two surgeries, it's been a quiet year. Hope everyone has a great New Year in 2014! For this next year, I've decided that this will be my New Year's Resolution:


Be warned!! {g}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a