Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Make Do or Do Without

The saga of my DH's seemingly cursed Fuzzy Feet continues.. Even after frogging the first attempt with 48 stitches and going back to the 44 that I used on my pair, about the time I turned the heel on the second foot I realized that I was in trouble and the yarn would run out before the toe. This garage sale find yarn is Red Heart, it's old (no UPC code) and I decided my chances of getting more of it were nil. So back to the original bag of yarn hoping to find something I could use to finish the slippers. Black or brown wool would have been nice, but my only choices were crayon-box variegated and a skein of solid medium blue. OK, blue it is - but one slipper with a blue toe while the other is all brown / gold variegated, didn't seem right, so back to frogging the completed toe of the first slipper and replacing it with blue to match the second one. Here are the results - what I call my Make Do or Do Without Fuzzy Feet. Hopefully, they'll look a little better after felting. I'll get the kitchener stitching done sometime today.



And, I'm going to jump on the Clapotis bandwagon after weeks of reading about how much fun everyone is having knitting it and seeing the wonderful results. Here's the yarn I'm going to use - Caron Rainbow Dreams in the Jetstream colorway. I picked it up at Meijer's yesterday - my early Valentine's gift. I have a hat knit out of this and love the colors and how they blend. The hat was knit on circulars so I'm hoping that the yarn works out as well knitting back & forth.



Otherwise, I've been crocheting along on a baby afghan for our K4 group. That bag of garage sale yarn has a lot of baby yarn in it that needs to be used up. When I find that much yarn for $1.50, it's impossible to pass up..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Found your blog from where you linked on Sharons! I LOVE that Rainbow Dreams yarn! GORGEOUS! Yeah I am thinking about joining the Clapotis bandwagon too. Though have too much on my plate at the moment.
Katt

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a