Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Nothing Much New

There's not really much new to write about. I went to the K4 group today and turned in nine caps and an afghan. One of the ladies who works at the Senior Center had brought in a tall kitchen garbage sack full of acrylic yarn that her mother was donating, so the partial skeins will be good additions to the next rag-tag afghan.

Here's what normally happens around here when I start to arrange an afghan or anything else to get a photo.



That's right, I get a cat in the middle of that nice soft cozy knitting or crocheting that I so conveniently left lying on the desk. I did manage to photograph the caps without feline interference..



I finished up a 10th hat at the meeting, but still need to run the yarn ends in, and I have another one on the needles. Also, Rag-Tag #7 is started, so it was quite a productive day.

Now a dilemma.. After reading several blogs about the new yarns at PickKnits, I was browsing through the color charts this afternoon and drooling over the available shades. Then I checked the information on shipping and learned that orders over $30 are shipped FREE.. I'm getting tempted - very tempted.. But it's wool and I've had nothing but bad luck with wool.. But it's beautiful... But it's WOOL!!.. But it's cheap, the shipping could be free, and it's *beautiful*.. I can tell that I'm going to be going back & forth on this, but I'm beginning to think about projects that wouldn't have to be washed very often, so I can tell that I'm weakening.. Maybe I should felt the Fuzzy Feet and refresh my memory of what happens when a project gets inadvertently felted. Or maybe I'll claim my belated Xmas gift.. Decisions, decisions......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a