Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, January 21, 2005

Fancy Yarns

I'm knitting with FANCY YARNS!!... Someone dropped off two large garbage sacks of fancy stuff - mohairs, slubs, boucles - at the Sr. Center for the knitting group.. They aren't anything that would hold up to every day use in caps and the like, but we're going to make them up into fashion scarves to sell for money to get more durable yarn like Red Heart & Bernat.. I brought home a selection and already have two scarves made - a long thin one in a blue and grey bumpy yarn and a rust - gold - brown mohair combination that's an even longer thin one.. I'm using a pair of size 17 needles & garter stitch on 6 stitches for the blue/grey one and 9 for the new one.. There's a open house next Tuesday and we're aiming at having a bunch of them done for that.. Too bad we didn't have this yarn before Xmas as the scarves would have made nice presents and probably sold like "hotcakes".. There were only two of us at the K4 meeting today, but we had fun and got quite a bit done. I didn't have my 17's along so I worked on the Rag-Tag - it's probably about half done now, maybe a little more. These are the caps that I finished this last week and turned in today.



I'll post pictures of the scarves later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a