Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Another Wintery Day

The little Weather Bug icon down in the right hand corner of the screen is reading negative 1 degree - it's cold out there!! It took about ten minutes this morning to scrape enough frost off the Colt's windshield to be able to see out and my fingers are still recovering. It looks like we may get a degree or two above freezing during the day starting on Sunday, but that's chilly comfort when what we really need is a few days in the 50s to get rid of the piles of snow that are starting to turn grey & dingy.

I finished up the fourth hat last night and will turn these in this afternoon at our K4 meeting.



On the needles right now is the first of a pair of Fuzzy Feet from Knitty.Com. The skein of Brunswick Rose Ombre 100% wool worsted was one of several skeins of wool in a large bag of baby yarn that I bought at a garage sale last summer for $1.50. It's going to be an inexpensive way to experiment with felting. My "helper" this time around is Tiger, our almost 12 year old cuddle-bum who is usually in my lap when I'm on the computer.. He was dumped, along with several siblings, near the farm where my parents lived at the time. The other kittens were killed by cars, but Dad found Tiger and brought him home.



The third member of our feline family isn't all that much interested in my knitting while it's taking place, but she does love to curl up on an afghan or a quilt. Callie came to us through the Michigan Animal Rescue League , a no-kill shelter in Pontiac, MI.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying your blog! Your cats are beautiful, and I love the fingerless gloves, and the sweater you knitted when you were pregnant with your daughter. I'm starting my first pair of socks tonight, so we'll see how it goes...

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic of turning that heel, Jane! I like the color, too-- will wait on pins & needles to see the felted finale! Looks like it might have an Easter Eggy-ness to it, sorta water-colored? Nice to see Tiger finally, too... And thanks to whoever posted the instructions on how to post a comment by using that little button below the sign-up thingie! ...Kim

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a