Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, January 24, 2005

A Few More Scarves

The scarves for the Sr. Center from "fancy" yarns are complete. Here are the last ones.



I made up some tags to tell the content of the yarns that I could identify and to suggest that the scarves be hand washed and dried flat. These are 3x5 notecards cut in half and decorated with a kitty stamp I purchased years ago. My inkpad is in dire need of new ink (or I need a new pad, take your choice), but I was able to get impressions of sorts.



I fastened them to the scarves with some leftover bulky yarn tied in a bow - And when I turned my back for a moment, Moki took advantage of the new soft cushion on the desk to take a nap...



Now the question is whether to run these down to the Sr. Center and see if I can grab some more yarn to make one or two more scarves before tomorrow or to just switch back to either the rag-tag afghan or the hat I'm working on. I worked a few rounds on the hat just now and after the size 17 needles for the scarves, the size 10 for the hat seem so small.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

The tags are a good idea and are attractive I think, ditto for the scarves. Nice to see your labor of love :-)

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a