Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Frozen Fingers

We woke up to almost a foot of snow on the ground this morning. The temperature was one below zero with a nineteen below wind chill. The street had been plowed but there was twenty-five feet of snow between it & the back bumper of my Colt - I wasn't going anywhere. Then Mom called and despite telling me that she'd wait until I could get over to take her newspaper in, she'd gone out to get it and now the garage door wouldn't shut. So I took off walking - it's only a couple blocks, but it seemed a lot longer in those temperatures. At least I got my morning cup of coffee ..{g} About noon, our next door neighbor, who has a large lawn tractor with a snow blade, came over and plowed us out. I got frozen enough clearing off the cars so we could move them out of the way, so I'm thankful we didn't have to try to shovel all that by hand.

Not too much knitting so far today, though I did finish the second grey boucle scarf and start another brown boucle one. Should be able to finish that one this evening or tomorrow morning and then see if I have yarn for any other scarves. The Sr. Center open house is Tuesday night so I'll need to get the finished ones down there either tomorrow or Tuesday. It's been fun knitting with textured (fancy) yarn, but I'm just as glad that I don't have to be the one to take care of the scarves in the future as they're going to need to be hand washed and dried flat and I just don't have the room for the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a