Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, January 15, 2011

What I've Been Up To This Week

First of all, another lap robe for the Veterans' Hospital. This one has shades of rust & orange at one end & the rest in various creams. We have a lot of creams & whites that have been donated, so I'm trying to use some of them up while keeping the color scheme interesting. You'll notice that one of my favorite models, Max, is almost coordinated with this one.


I had a request from someone at the Senior Center for a baby hat in yellow for a new grand-daughter. So I went back to the hat pattern I used a couple years ago that looks darling on babies.


Sorry about the lousy photo, (I snapped it at the last minute before heading to the center on Thursday) but the point of the hat continues up and looks like this one from a couple years ago:



I think I should probably knit a few more of them as there have been a number of new grandparents & great-grandparents at the center recently.

And finally, a decent shot of the sweater for Tom that I'm going to be frogging. The re-do is going to be straight stockinette.


I also have another lap-robe on the needles, probably a little over half done.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ida said...

I love the lap robe. The color combo really works.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Love the lap robe. Does the cat come with it? :)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Stripeyspots said...

I think the sweater looks great. Love all that texture...

6:19 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That hat is really adorable. That sweater is just gorgeous so far! :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I love the sweater you've gotten so far, but I can understand the need for Stocking Stitch.
:)
As usual you're a knitting machine. Scritches to Max! (and Boomer, too)
(((hugs)))

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a