Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Not Much New

It's been really quiet. First we had the holidays (which DH & I pretty much ignore), then the "Polar Vortex" with actual temps of -14°, almost 13" of snow & then more snow. When January 6th came around, the roads were horrible so I didn't leave the house and missed Monday's knitting group. Come the 13th, I was feeling lousy & slept most of the day, another miss, then this last Monday was MLK Day & the Center was closed.

We're back in the deep freeze again. It is 6° with a wind chill of -14. I've been keeping busy knitting and just sent 14 more hats to Remnant Ministries. I have another one cast on and will work on it during the newscasts. Unfortunately, both NCIS shows tonight are old repeats but maybe I can find something on Netflix. Just finished another book and listed it - that makes 11 books read since the 1st. Sorry that most of the updates to blog are book listings in the left panel. No photos this time, the hats weren't much different than the previous photos. Used up a 8 oz skein of yarn making six of the hats with stripes of various colors to make the cream go further.

I need to go down to the basement & get another big skein of a solid color to mix with leftovers or knit some very strange looking hats with all the leftovers put together. I've been having trouble with something called the IT Band along the outside of my right thigh which makes it difficult to walk or climb stairs. Back in August or early September, I thought I'd pulled a muscle in that thigh as it hurt quite a bit - but nothing like the last couple weeks. Posted an SOS on my hip & knee replacement group on SparkPeople and learned that quite a few of us have had problems with the band. I'm doing exercises for it & hoping that it resolves itself real quick.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Orlen Bates said...

Hey I have a project for you, I purchased this thing I put on over my head which covers my neck. I will send it to you after winter and would love to have three more like it only in heavy material. These neg degrees is like not have anything on.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a