Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Five Dropped Stitches

The Clapotis is moving along and I just dropped the fifth column of stitches toward the end of watching ER. Here's a close up of the dropped stitches.



And a wider shot showing the current size.



Seen in person, the yarn has more green in it than the photos show. I'll try to get a photo in daylight sometime soon to see if I can get closer to what I'm seeing as I work on it.

Our K4 meeting was today and, as usual, a lot of fun. I finished up the green & white baby afghan and picked up yarn for a couple more. The one I've started will be white, yellow and a white/yellow variegated. Worked on a K hook, the baby yarn is so soft and lacy even in simple double crochet.

On the Fuzzy Feet front, nothing is going right. I checked on my pair - which did felt correctly - this evening and after moving them around and opening up the cuff to let air inside, I noticed that my hands were stained with red dye - and it won't come off! This is after four changes of water while I was trying the hand felting, a full tub of water in the washer, and a long rinse under cold water until it ran clear. I have a feeling that if I wear them, I'm going to have either red socks or red feet. I had no idea that wool would bleed dye this way. Is this something unusual because it's old Red Heart yarn, or does all wool act this way when it's dyed certain colors?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Jane, I just love those colors! Your clapotis is lovely. Thank you!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm about the same as you on Clapotis! Wanna race? (wink)
I see you've listed my blog on your sidebar. Very cool indeed.
Sorry to hear about your fuzzy feet!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog with tips on the clamshell template idea I'm working on. I took a trip through your archives in hopes of seeing a quilt and loved the two you photographed. Your reproductions are great! It would be wonderful to own a piece of "history" that was new and sturdy and useable. I hope you'll share more photos in the future!

Kate

www.katesblog.com

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a