Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, February 25, 2005

Tag, You're It....

I've been tagged!.. Sallee at Knitana just sent me these questions about what I'm reading. (Thank goodness, this is an easy one!)

1. What was the last book you read or are reading?

Right now I'm reading Executive Action by Gary Grossman (which reminds me, I need to log into the library site and renew it.) It's a political thriller.

2. Where did it come from (library, bookstore, gift, etc.)?

From the library, along with the 22 other books that my DH & I have out between us.

3. How many books do you read per year?

Usually two or three a week, so between 100 & 150. The list of what I've read since 12 Jan is over there in the sidebar.

4. What is your favorite genre?

Can we make that plural? Sci-fi, mysteries, political, thrillers, & historical fiction. I don't like horror or modern "slice of life". I used to read a lot of romances, but they're getting far too raunchy for my tastes recently.

5. Who will you tag now?

Good question.. I have an email address for Sharon at KnitKnacks, a fellow Michigander, so I'm afraid that she's going to get tagged by default..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the knitting front, yesterday was another K4 meeting and I took in the baby afghan and a hat.





Not much, but then I worked on my Clapotis for a good part of the week and wore it to the meeting yesterday. I'm still debating whether to frog it and remake it on larger needles to improve the drape. In the meantime, I worked on the Peruvian hat for the Llama-Along.



I'm making it with three of the last remaining skeins of Love Knit that I have in my stash. I obtained gauge by using size 9 needles, but the hat looks a little small. If I can't wear it, I'll pass it along to one of the grandchildren as they love hats and then maybe rework the pattern to a larger size. I'm at a point where I have to seek clarification on the next design chart, so in the meantime, I joined yet another Knit-Along, this time for first time sock knitters. I started on the sock last night and got some of the ribbing completed.



Looking at the photo, it would appear that I was knitting a baby bootie rather than a full size adult sock, but those size 6 DPs are the 10" variety - not ideal for socks, but they're what I have in that size originally purchased to work a sweater sleeve in the round. It's snowing here again today, so I think I'll curl up on the couch with a cup of tea, my book and my knitting.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

Wow, you're an avid reader, congratulations! I like your peruvian hat. Maybe I'll knit one for the next winter. I'm very fond of earflaps

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a