Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

It's snowing AGAIN - big flakes coming down like crazy and radar shows a narrow band of snow slanting from northwest to southeast right over top of this area and moving slowly to the southeast. That means that despite a lack of winter storm warnings, it looks like we're going to get pounded.



That's the view of the backyard out the sliding doors. I shot it through the window because if I open the door, I'm going to have a foot or so of snow falling into the kitchen. March is certainly coming in like a lion in this neck of the woods. The only bright point in all this is that the birds are flocking to the feeders and last night at dusk we had five male and three female cardinals all in sight at one time. This is the first year that we've seen more than a pair at the feeders and they did provide a bright spot in anotherwise dreary day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your cardinals. We saw a couple last year but non this year at all.

And don't feel all alone in the snow, we got walloped again this week too :) I'm hoping this means a glorious spring!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

If I could, I'd send you some Colorado sun! Hang in there, spring is almost here!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I know you are going to find this hard to believe but I actually envy your snow. Where I live we have to drive up to the mountains to see snow in winter. It is still summer here but the nights and mornings are getting cold. But I am sure if I spent just one winter with snow I would probably say OK thats enough now.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Good luck with braving the cold weather. Your llama hat is lovely, I like escpecially the crochet edging.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a