Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snowed In - Almost

This time around the weather forecasters were not making their usual mountain out of a molehill - we got socked good by the storm.. There was at least 5 to 6 inches of new snow on the ground when I got up this morning and more accumulated during the day.



We did get out as far as the main road and to the store to pick up orange juice for Mom, but I had to walk in from the pavement to her house because of the amount of snow on her street which hadn't been packed down yet by other cars. I stayed about half an hour for a cup of coffee, shoveled her walk & porch and then walked back out to meet DH who came to pick me up at the corner. When I left, I could no longer see the tracks I made coming in.

I finished up the Llama Along hat last night. I was a little disappointed in how the earflaps cupped rather than laying flat against my head. Another time, I think I would start the flaps with more cast on stitches and so as to not increase so drastically in the first few rows. For the finishing touch, I worked one round of regular single crochet around the bottom and then did a row of reverse single crochet which gives it a corded edge.





On other fronts, the Bernat Coordinates yarn has been de-Moki-ized and is now rolled into two neat balls. There was one tangle in the middle that was so stubborn that I finally gave up and cut it out, hence the two balls instead of one. I'm past the gusset on the second sock and heading toward the toe decreases and about 20 rows from starting to drop stitches on Clapotis #2. With three hours of good TV to watch tonight, I'm hoping to finish the sock and start dropping stitches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE that hat! It's so cute (and perfect for all the snow you've got now).

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a