Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, March 04, 2005

Sunshine On My Shoulders

The snow is still with us and still about half way to my knees, but the sun has been shining the past two days which helps. It's cold out there - only 8 above last night, but the next couple days should be above freezing. The only cloud on the horizon is snow showers forecast starting tomorrow night and every day through next Thursday.

Our K4 meeting was yesterday. I took in a knit baby blanket I'd made a couple years ago for something to do with my hands. I think originally I'd planned it for a gift but then made the lacy Feather & Fan pattern instead, so now this one will go to warm a baby I'll never meet but who will need it.



Because of the socks, the Llama Along hat and the second Clapotis, I didn't get all that much done last week for the group. I finished the crocheted baby afghan that I'd been working on while I was at the Sr. Center. It didn't change much from the photo I already posted other than to get bigger. I started another one in greens last night.

I'm almost to the 4th column of dropped stitches on Clapotis #2



Working on the 10.5 needles, the stitches are more fluid. Here's a close up with a ruler for scale:



And a comparison between the first one which was knit on size 8 needles and this one.





I think that the larger needles with the same number of increases is going to make the Clapotis almost a foot wider and probably quite a bit longer, but I don't think that it will be any bulkier when scrunched up for a scarf.

I started an inventory of my stash and have been through three bins and two large boxes so far (and there's still a lot to go).. So far I've entered 81 skeins and a bit over 400 ounces into the database. All but about half a dozen are worsted weight, but I know that some of the baby & sport weight yarns are in their own boxes somewhere in the crawl space. Time to go exploring!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

I still like your first clapotis. In fact, why don't you just keep both of them?

6:42 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

If I do frog #1, I'm planning on reknitting it. I wore it today over my navy jacket (it was a balmy 45° here in S.E. Michigan!) and it isn't quite long enough to go once all the way around my neck and still have enough length in the over the shoulder section to stay in place so I was continually readjusting it. I think I'd like about another 12" or so in length. #1 came out to the measurements in the pattern, but I don't think it would wrap like the photo on knitty and still have that much hanging down.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a