Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Stormwatch

Stormwatch is the name of a Jethro Tull album I've always liked (and haven't heard in far too long) and an appropriate title for a day when Lower Michigan is waiting for a new winter storm to hit. The noon news predicted 4 to 8" for our northern Detroit Metro region and radar shows it storm creeping ever closer. Fortunately, it held off until I got home from the weekly K4 meeting and - crossed fingers - I'm hoping that it won't start until I'm home from my after dinner visit with Mom around 7. The morning started off at 3° - it's up to 23° now, but that's still chilly.

At the meeting today, I turned in three hats & six scarves - all of them packed up already to go to FISH. I brought home enough yarn to make at least four more sets.



I'm also working on the new felted bag - it's about 25" from side to side and about 14" deep now. I'm planning on maybe 5" more before I start the shoulder straps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I love the hats and scarves, I hope that you have a safe weekend.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

What pretty sets those are! We got the ice, you got the snow!
(((hugs)))

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a