Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day

Thanksgiving - aka Turkey Day - is almost over. It was a success - lots of good food & lots of leftovers so I can sit & knit instead of cooking for the next couple days. There were just the three of us - me, DH & Mom - and we took the food over to Mom's house because of the weather. Snow and -7 degree wind chills are not a good idea for someone who is 89.

I've been knitting this week, but boring stuff. I'm on the 7th black garter stitch scarf which is not exactly exciting knitting. Still, they're needed to go with a number of caps in the bin at the Sr. Center with black ribbing or stripes and will make those into cap & scarf sets. I'm almost done with the second 8 ounce skein of black so pretty soon I'll be able to move on to something else. You'll excuse me, I'm sure, if I don't bore you to death with a pile of identical black scarves, right?

On Tuesday, someone dropped a large bag of yarn off at the Senior Center and it was given to me after bingo. Some of it looks like novelty yarn, but most of it is Wool-Ease which will be a nice addition for more hats and scarves. There are also two large skeins of cotton yarn that we don't use for the K4 projects, but I've been given permission by the other members of the group to use donated cotton for the Cloths for Katrina project. I guess once the last scarf is finished, I'll switch over and make some more garter stitch washcloths for CFK. I'll have to hurry as I'd like to get the cloths finished and shipped out before the increase in postage that's coming in January. The one advantage of the simple projects is that they don't take much concentration and I can read while I'm knitting. On the other hand, I'll have to put off the projects that I have in mind for myself. Ah, well.. both projects are for a good cause and I can always knit things for me later on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Jane, you need to move on to some COLOR! How many BLACK scarves? Oh boy...color so affects my mood. Pop in a red one or something sapphire blue? How about Crayola Crayons for the kids?
(((hugs)))

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a