Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

When Good Intentions Go Astray

TEN days since my last post?? I was sure that I had posted last week, but if I did the post never made it to the blog. So here I am at 12:30 in the morning taking photographs and trying to come up with something clever. Suffice it to say, that the photos turned out ok (i.e. the camera batteries worked and I didn't put my thumb in front of the lens), but at this time of the night (or morning), I can't guarantee clever. Come to think of it, I can't guarantee clever at any time.

The big news, and what I thought I'd posted, is that last Wednesday the Jaki Design patterns (the ones Kim & I did) went on sale on Stephanie's Wool Peddler site - look under the Kits & Patterns links on the main page. Yippee!!!

On the knitting front, I'm working on a Xmas stocking pattern for Stephanie that should be done in the next few days. Then I have a felted wool & silk bowl / basket that I want to try. The Recycled Silk held up well through two hot water cycles when I made the catnip mouse, so I think it will work this way too. Updates to follow.

I turned in two more hats and a couple scarves at the K4 meeting last week, but I can't remember if I updated the totals on those in the sidebar. I'm going to assume that I did. I have three more scarves ready to go and a fourth one almost done. The gold & red ones are form a heavy but soft craft yarn that someone donated. They're 16 stitches on a size 15 needle and work up quickly. The variegated one will go with a windowpane hat that uses an old rose for the ribbing and grid with this variegated underneath. One of the sets that I finished before last weeks meeting was the same hat with a solid color scarf in the old rose. One each of the Bernat 6 oz variegated & 8 oz solid worsted acrylic will make two hats & two scarves.



I've been making progress on the sweater I'm making for Megan - this is my knit version of the crocheted sweater her Mom made in hot pink. I like the way it's turning out. I used a seed stitch on the variegated panel to add some texture. The next row starts the neck shaping, then I'll use a 3 needle bind-off on the shoulders and pick up the sleeves from the armholes and knit them down to the wrists.



I'm still working on washcloths for our Cloths For Katrina project. I have a dozen finished and one on the needles. Latest count of PIPs is up to 9 as I found a Feather & Fan baby afghan that I was working on last fall and put aside when I started making all the hats, scarves, etc. for the K4 project. So much yarn, so little time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Megan's sweater is just going to be scrumptious! Love it!
(((hugs)))
(and it was a pretty good entry for being so late at night!)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Are you making steeks? It looks as if you're still knitting in the round. I admire steekers but do not envy them.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

No, I'm working back and forth on the yokes, but the body up to the armhole is knit in the round. I'll pick up the sleeve stitches at the armhole and work on the 16" circular until I have to switch to double points. I used steeks once on a sweater that looked great in the magazine, but not so great on me.. Having cut the steeks, I couldn't unravel it without losing a lot of yarn, so it's still tucked away, out of sight.

12:05 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

Neat swetaer I'm sure she'll enjoy it!

Very neat afghan too with leftovers and to keep warm while knitting, I have one to that I only pull out fall/winter months....lol

9:32 AM  
Blogger . said...

Everything looks great!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a