Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Knitting Because Of A Storm....

Kittn Kitt has organized Cloths For Katrina (there's a button over in the sidebar)to deliver hand-knit cotton washcloths & soap to those displaced into shelters by Hurricane Katrina. I already had a dozen cotton cloths knit (I made them for dishcloths, but they'll work just as well for purposes of bathing), I finished one more last night and am working on #14. I'm going to try for 18 or 20 by the time the post office opens on Tuesday. It seems like so little to do in the face of the overwhelming tragedy that has unfolded this last week, but perhaps the fact that someone cared enough to send something hand-knit will provide at least a little hope to those who have been left with nothing.

The pattern I'm using is super simple - using cotton worsted weight yarn (Sugar & Cream, etc) and size 10 needles, cast on 32 stitches. Knit every row (garter stitch) until the cloth is square, then bind off. Please dig out any skeins or cones in your stash, pick up your needles and join us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Thank you, thank you, Jane for helping us help so many! And for putting our KAL on your blog...I know it's one reason we have so many new members...
(((hugs)))

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a