Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

Silk, Silk & More Silk



I've been busy designing more projects for The Wool Peddler and I thought that I'd show some of them off. Today, I finished the Mitered Square silk bag - this bag is 10.5" square with a 3" wide gusset & strap so lots of stuff would fit into it. It's made from three skeins of Unrefined on size 10 needles.








And I'm working on a diagonally knit scarf on size 13 needles with Handpicked. I've added a line of elongated stitches to the pattern for interest and I'm very pleased with the way that it's working up. I'll try to get a better photo when it's finished as it's really much prettier than it looks in this photo. The colors in the Handpicked silk yarn are such that I think the scarf would look nice with almost any color coat.

The knitting & crocheting class met today and while I still only have two students, I couldn't be prouder of them. Diane has finished the main part of a beautiful crocheted afghan (3 strands of yarn and a size Q hook) and is now working on the edging and the rosebud embellishments. Gloria has been tackling learning how to both knit & crochet! She finished a garter stitch scarf in variegated rose, white & teal with solid teal trim and is now knitting a matching hat. Plus, she's crocheting a lap robe in teal, gold & cream alternating with rows of solid teal. They've both come a long way since we started classes a few months ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

OOoh that purse is pretty!!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a