Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, August 05, 2005

Pardon My Back

Here, finally, with a little help from DH is a photo of the back of the second shrug that I made for the K4 project.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one was made 8 stitches narrower than the previous one in hopes of getting more length out of an 8 ounce skein of worsted yarn, but I still had to break into a second skein for the second cuff and ruffle. I think that three 3.5 ounce skeins would be a better choice other than having to join yarn along the way.

At the K4 meeting yesterday, I turned in the shrug and six more hats. I'm concentrating on "guy" colors - black, grey, brown, rust, dark green - as last year FISH, the local charity organization that took on the responsibility of getting the hats we donated to people who needed them, came back and asked if we had any more hats in colors suitable for men. This year, I want to be prepared.

We were very happy to receive two boxes of donated yarn. One came from Mary, who lives in Georgia, who sent along her left over baby yarn after reading a couple weeks ago on this blog that we were running low. Thanks, Mary! Pat, our crocheter extraordinaire, took your contribution home to turn it into baby hats, sweater & afghans. She was especially happy to find multiple sets of more than one skein of the same dye lot in the box as that will let her make a sweater and matching hat. The odds and ends will go into striped baby afghans. If anyone cleaning out their stash of machine wash & dry type yarns - any weight - is looking for a home for them, our K4 group will put it to good use. The place to send donations is the Lake Orion Senior Center, 21 East Church St., Lake Orion, MI, 48362. As I mentioned before, we're even willing to frog half finished items that you don't want to think about anymore and put the yarn to good use. {g}

As for the design work Kim & I are doing for the Wool Peddler, I can't show you the finished items until the patterns are on line and ready for sale, but I can tease you a bit with the yarn I'm using:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Aren't the colors *beautiful*? It's even brighter and more jewel toned in person. This is Unrefined Kathmandu on a size 10½ needle. Stay tuned for further developments!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shrug Jane!

That little snippet you're teasing with is so pretty. I love the colors. Can't wait to see what it is!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Love the shrug! And wow, I'm bewitched by those colors (witchy Knitnana?) Too cool about the GA yarn...thank you for the address, I'll go thru my stash!
(((hugs)))

8:13 AM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Love your shrug Jane!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a