Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Tom, Dick & Harry....

Ok, I confess, I don't know anyone named Richard, or Dick for short, but my DH is a Tom and I've spent the weekend with Harry - Harry Potter that is.. The library called shortly after it opened Saturday morning to let me know that my requested copy was ready to be picked up. The only problem was that it was *pouring* rain so we had to wait for a break in the weather to make the trip there and run other errands. Our luck almost held, but coming out of the grocery store it was once again coming down in buckets. Our area received 5.5" of rain in about 5 hours. I just finished The Half-Blood Prince a few minutes ago and it was a good read. I see that a lot of other bloggers also spent the weekend visiting Hogwarts {g}.

I was able to get a fair amount of knitting done while I was reading. I finished the hat I started last Tuesday during bingo and the shrug, also for the K4 project, is done except for sewing the sleeve seams. I wish I could have found a way to knit the sleeves in the round, but the 60 stitches would not fit onto the shortest size 15 circular needle that I have, so I knit it on straight needles and am now faced with that horror of horrors, actually seaming it. I suspect that it may take a few days to work up my courage to face that unpleasant task. I'll post photos when I have it done. I've started another hat and I still have the rag-tag afghan to work on, but the heat and humidity have made it uncomfortable to have it on my lap now that it's about 2/3rds done. I need to find another smaller project - perhaps another felted bag - to work on. I appreciate all the nice comments on the yellow raglan sweater for Matthew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a