Tivoli - completed
The pattern is from Grumperina' blog and I made a few drastic changes in that my yarn on size 11 needles had a gauge of 12 stitches to 4" instead of just 19 stitches. I calculated the number of stitches for my top as 2/3rds of the stated pattern, so it turned out a bit big as an extra 1/3rd stitch can add up quickly at that gauge. I used a K1, P1 rib around the neckline and the bottom of the cap sleeves which I made deeper and added a little YO, K2TOG lace. I used garter stitch at the bottom of the body to keep it from rolling as I didn't want ribbing to pull it in.
On a more pleasing visual image, the Seven-Sisters climbing rose across the front of the house is in full bloom.
This rose is over 50 years old. My Grandfather gave it to my mother when I was a little girl and it climbed over the old milk-house and the windmill on the farm for decades. It took Dad & I over an hour to get even 1/3rd of the rootball dug out when they moved. The first summer, it didn't do too much, but last year it sent three long runners out that I tacked across the front of the house. This spring, those runners sprouted more shoots that budded out and covered it with blossoms. There are more long runners coming up from the base this year that I need to train in some direction or the other. If I go higher than currently, I'm going to need to get out the ladder & protective clothing - the thorns on this rose are wicked.