Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, June 19, 2005

It's A Purse.. It's A Suitcase.. It's Big Bad Bag

I just finished the Big Bad Bag and as promised it really really is BIG.. Pre-felted measurements are 28" x 13", with a 22" x 12" base and approximately 33" handles.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was worked with a chunky black yarn and a double strand of worsted weight beige - both recycled from garage sale sweaters. I used size 13 needles and the gauge is 11 st & 16 rows to 4". I can't wait to felt this one - hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

And I can't wait to see the results! Felting pictures are fun.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a