Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, June 03, 2005

Feather & Fan Baby Afghan

I finished the feather & fan baby afghan last night and took it out onto the deck this afternoon to get some photos. This version was done with machine washable yarn (I've managed to lose the skein band) that's about the same weight as baby yarn. I used size 11 circulars.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I turned in two hats and another shawl at the K4 meeting yesterday and I'm almost finished with the slate blue shawl that I started last Sunday. I still haven't felted the purple & green button-hole bag, but it's on my to-do list probably over the weekend. I want to start another bag and am trying to decide on whether to finish using the last two skeins of the purple & green Lopi or if I want to start the French Market bag, making it about half again as deep, from the teal flecked yarn. I borrowed the Folk Bags book from the library and I'm getting some good ideas from there. Also I was able to borrow Folk Shawls through the Inter-Library Loan program and I'm waiting for Meg Swansen's A Gathering of Lace to arrive courtesy of the same program. There are some beautiful shawls in the Folk Shawl book, but I suspect that making any of them will have to wait until I can afford to get my own copy as I wouldn't be able to complete a shawl during the three week loan period. The Simple Prairie Shawl is very similar to the ones I'm making for the nursing home, but the other lace shawls are beautiful. Another project that I want to get started on (never can have too many PIPs!)is making sweaters for the grandchildren - I found a fairly simple top down raglan pattern that's knit entirely in the round.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket turned out beautiful! Ooooh, aaaaah! Pretty, pretty!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Ah Jane, it's just gorgeous! What a lucky baby...You do such lovely work!
(((hugs)))

10:09 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Jane,

You are so talented! The baby blanket is so beautiful! The lace work really sets it off!

Ruinwen
:)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a