Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Another Felted Bag

After finishing the K4 project shawl on my size 13 circulars, I decided to start another felted bag out of the rest of the Lopi yarn in that I don't really have another use for it and I really like the first one I made. This one is going to be bigger - I started with 6 stitches (rather than 3) and worked up to 24 (instead of 9) before working the 40 rows of garter stitch and then decreasing back down to 6 stitches.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The 10" needle will give an idea of the size. I picked up 44 stitches on each side and then increased 4 stitches every other row six times up to 108 stitches. I have two sets of two rows of the cream thick & thin yarn knit in and I need to decide whether to add another color like red.

Speaking of red, I successfully frogged the back of the red lambswool vest last night - the ball only weighs a little over 3 ounces, but a 440 yard skein of Knit Picks lace weight Shimmer only weighs 50 grams or about 1ΒΌ ounces. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the yarn yet, but a lace shawl is a possibility.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

How big does the felted bag need to be for your KAL? I'm glad you were able to frog the sweater and the vest, and that at least you'll be able to wear the one you didn't frog.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a