Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, April 25, 2005

Oh Aibhlinn, Oh Aibhlinn

I cast on last night in the middle of our April snowstorm (9.5" is the official total for Lake Orion) for the Aibhlinn cowl from Knitty. This one is for me, so accordingly I joined the Just For Me KAL (you'll find the button over there in the sidebar). Because I'm knitting the Aibhlinn from the DK weight cream wool that I reclaimed from the 25ยข aran sweater purchased at the garage / rummage sale the week before last, it also qualifies as the REKAL 2005 and the Thrifty KAL - talk about multi-tasking {g}



The pattern is fairly simple once the bobble row is out of the way - a K3, P3 repeat that shifts one stitch to the left every other row. The ribbing also makes the cowl reversible other than the bobbles. I'm thinking of working the bobbles on the other end in reverse so they'd stick out the other side of the fabric - that should make them show up nicely when the cowl is folded over and scrunched around the neck. Something to think about while I knit the next 21".

6 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

That's lovely. It's extra special, as it's reclaimed.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so pretty! Lovely job. :) I like the stitch marker too.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh wow! It's great, Jane! You're making such quick work of it, you'll be done with yours long before I am - let's hope we both can wait till next fall to wear them? hehehe
I'll have to check out this "Just for Me" KAL - my Aibhlinn qualifies and I'll multi-task with the Knit Red KAL!!
(((hugs)))

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going to be real purdy there Jane! And with this weather you'll be able to wear it too.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Your so speedy! I bet you'll finish it soon.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Kary said...

Really pretty Jane! Oh Boy ... another project for the Project Box!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a