Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hats, Hats & More Hats

Here's what has been keeping me busy this last week: 10 new hats for our K4 project..



For some reason, I seem to be in the knitting doldrums. Hats don't take much thinking or effort, so they're flowing off my needles while I'm trying to figure out what to do with the yarn I've reclaimed from the three recycled sweaters. Of the items on the To-Do list I posted on March 12th, just over a month ago, I've finished the vest for the Knit Red KAL, the Rosy Forecast Clapotis, either 3 or 4 baby afghans, more booties, lots of hats & the lime green vest that wasn't even on the list. I still haven't touched the Fair Isle vest or the cranberry cabled yoke cardigan that are for me and the adult sized rag-tag afghans for the K4 project haven't gotten very far either. I spent yesterday evening looking through back copies of Knitter's Magazine for ideas without anything catching my eye. The spring fashions on Knitty.com aren't calling my name and searching the net for other patterns has left me a bit bored. Hopefully it's just another symptom of spring fever and I'll get back on track soon. In the meantime, there are always hats, aren't there?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - you're really getting a lot accomplished during your duldrums! The hats are amazing.

I, too, seem to be in a Spring funk about what to knit. I know I need a light cardigan for the office, but no patterns are calling to me. [sigh] I guess there is always socks!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I've been having a similar problem, Jane. In my case, I need to finish up some of the UFO's that are hanging around here and I don't really want to work on any of them. And I can't find a red project to do for the KAL. Maybe I should try a cross stitch project.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

You sure are prolific for being in the doldrums! What is the charity project?

11:44 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

It's a local one - just four of us who meet at the Senior Center once a week to chat, turn in what we've finished and pick up more yarn. We started in October of last year and before Xmas sent out 65 hats, and probably 20 scarves to local charities like FISH, the Baldwin Soup Kitchen, and Head Start. In addition we had 15 afghans that went to homebound seniors served by the Meals on Wheels program from the center. Since Xmas, we've filled three of the big Rubbermaid type storage bins with new items including baby sets & afghans that will go to a new shelter for homeless teen mothers in Pontiac when it opens later this summer. We've had good luck getting donations of yarn and selling some fashion type scarves we made for $$ that we used to buy practical yarn. People have sent yarn from as far away as KY and CA!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a