Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

This & That

First of all, I've been messing around with my template (surprise!!) and I changed the font to Comic Sans MS which I find to be the most readable of the common fonts. Here's hoping that everyone else agrees. I'm also trying to discover why this template, which looks so good (IMHO) in Internet Explorer, gets trashed in other browsers like Opera, Foxfire and Netscape. I use Opera as an alternative and when I look at the page with it the tan background only shows up in the header and footer sections leaving the rest of the blog as black type on the dark brown background that is only supposed to be the outer edge. In addition, the various buttons for the rings are scattered all over the top of the page, the archive entries show only as round dots and the posts themselves are way at the bottom of the page. Opera has a "turn off the color" option that allows the page to be read in black & white, but it's still disturbing that the template isn't stable across various platforms.

Second, I finished baby afghan #11 for our K4 charity knitting project.



Third, a further project update: I just used the swift to wind two hanks of light weight worsted (it looks more like sport) that were dontated to the K4 project. One is a medium purple, the other a dark purple. I think they'll work for a rather bright baby afghan so will get that started for at least a row or two before I take Mom to bingo so I can take it along and accomplish something while I listen to the numbers I don't have on my cards being called. I started one the other night in a pale yellow worsted weight, but decided that it's too heavy for a baby afghan, so will take out the 4 completed rows and turn that yarn into hats once my 16" 10.5 needles are free. Right now they're busy with the second of DH's Fuzzy Feet, but I just turned the heel and am working toward the toes, so it will be done soon. The Clapotis is chugging along - I'm on the decrease section and dropped 4 more columns of stitches last night. I finished the first pattern repeat (14 rows) on Mom's lime green vest and started the second repeat. Pictures when I'm a little further along.

Fourth & finally, Callie, our tri-colored princess, is one of this week's contestants in the Purrfect Kitty contest Should you be so inclined, the voting buttons are in the left column toward the bottom. I think she's the most purrrfect kitty, but then I'm *very* prejudice.

3 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

It looks great in Mozilla.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

I use Firefox and it looks good too. What I like about Firefox is that it lets you add a plug-in for IE. That way, if you get to a page you can't see very well, you can choose to see it in IE.

I'm amazed at your productivity. Another baby afghan! Plus socks. Socks are such a pain to knit... but I love them too. Can't wait to see your pictures.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Thanks for stopping in on my blog Jane! I think I will take your advice and plan for about 2 times a month for a meeting... maybe every three weeks or so. Not everyone is as dedicated as I seem to be! I had a blast looking and reading through your blog! I appreciate the knitting and crocheting you do for charity and all of your many projects!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a