Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Busy Day

Today was pretty busy. In addition to some shopping and taking Mom to bingo, I managed to finish up quite a few projects.

First off, the Feather & Fan vest for the Knit Red KAL:



This was made out of Bernat worsted weight acrylic and took about 3/4ths of an 8 ounce skein on size 8 & 11 needles. It's small on me, so it should fit Mom just fine.

Next up, the results of flying needles while watching NCIS & House this evening - all these are for charity via our K4 group. The pale pink baby afghan is out of two skeins of Bernat Lollipop, 75 double crochet with a size K hook. The rainbow hat is from Red Heart Mexicali worsted weight, 64 stitches on a size 10.5 circular needle, finished with a straight 3 needle bind-off and the two corners tacked together. The booties are from the yarn Heather sent a few weeks ago. I've been knitting them right along with the other projects and sewed these up tonight - notice anything strange??



Yup, I seem to have an extra.. I was sure that I had knit six of the variegated ones, but right now I can only find five of them. I was getting pretty worried until I realized that I still have a full skein of that yarn. WHEW...

That leaves the Clapotis which is getting quite near the decrease section and the adult sized rag-tag afghan as the only active projects on the needles at the moment. But I have yarn for more hats, more booties (including the missing one) and at least one more baby afghan. Decisions, decisions! What am I going to start before bed-time? Stay tuned for further developments ...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Your vest is beautiful! I'm sure your mom will love it. Hope you find the missing bootie!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love your vest! The pattern is amazing! Everything you made is so beautiful!

Ruinwen
:)

5:44 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Whooooohoooooo - Jane I think you win in the Knit Red KAL! (No, there wasn't a race) That vest is gorgeous! You Mom should be tickled *red*??? LOL!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Love the fan and feather pattern in a vest!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I didn't do all that stuff from scratch last night - it was mostly finishing up. The last couple rows of the various projects & running in the ends. I usually leave that type of work for when I'm watching tv as it's hard to sew booties together and read at the same time {g}

10:44 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

We have a group - about 4 of us attend every week - at the local Sr. Center and knit for local charities like the Baldwin Soup Kitchen in Pontiac and FISH in Orion-Oxford. The baby afghans I've been working on lately will go to a shelter for homeless teen mothers that is being opened soon by the Lighthouse organization in Pontiac. Some of the adult afghans we made before winter went to Lake Orion seniors who are served by the Meals on Wheels program out of the center because they're shut-ins. I think some of the preemie hats we made were dropped off at a local hospital. Most of the local charities that we've contacted are only too happy to get donations that they can pass along to those in need.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Feather and fan is such a beautiful pattern and looks lovely in a vest, I'm sure your mum will wear it with pride.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a