Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Surprising Sunday

The title for today was supposed to be Serene Sunday, and it was a fairly serene day, but this evening, Surprising became a better description - and it had nothing to do with knitting. As I've mentioned a couple times, I have a genealogy website at RootsWeb which started out as a place to post my family tree and a "few" extra data files for Middlesex Co., CT, where many of my family lines originated or passed through on their way to somewhere else. Suffice it to say that the site sort of got away from me and with the help of some good friends in far flung places who transcribe data for it, the site now has over 2400 data files and over 900,000 visitors in the last four years. This afternoon, I received an email from someone who was looking for information on a family from the town where I attended school. After exchanging several emails, it turned out that this gentleman was helping my cousin research his family. Now, Johnny was always my favorite cousin, but we've been out of touch for years as I moved away from that area. I'm hoping that this will mean that we can go back to the friendship we had as kids & teens. The wonders of the web!

On the knitting front, I finished a second baby afghan in purples, a child's hat in pink bulky yarn and started a second one, and am close to completing another pair of booties in the variegated yarn. No pictures today because the afghan looks just like the previous one, ditto with the booties and the hat is pretty dull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a