Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Wonderful Wednesday

As long as I'm on a "weekday" series of titles, I thought I'd go with the flow. Today was pretty wonderful. First of all, the mail person brought an unexpected package and when I opened it, I found these earrings:



They're quilt block patterns done in the Ukrainian Easter egg style on ostrich egg shells by Nan of the Enchanted Hen and they were sent to me by my DED (that's Darling Eldest Daughter).. Aren't they neat?? I love the fact that they're quilting designs - Evening Star and a Cross and Square pattern blended together.

In knitting news, I couldn't resist trying to make something with the microfiber yarns that Heather sent and here are the results:



The pattern is from the Summer 99 Family Circle Easy Knitting magazine (pattern #34 to be exact). I worked them on a size 7 needle instead of the 5 that the pattern suggested, worked in all garter on the foot instead of reverse stockinette, and made the ribbed cuff longer so that it would fold over. Ok, I confess, I can't resist improvising with a pattern. I also have a pair started in the lime green yarn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very fond ofcreative earrings myself and those are just way cool!

The booties/slippers are adorable :)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a