Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Silly Saturday

Strange & silly things happen when Friday night morphs into Saturday morning, the clock is reaching toward 2 and the sandman is nowhere in sight.

First of all I wound up at Purrrrfect Kitty, a contest for the purrrfect feline companion and I entered my threesome.

Then I wound up at Elouai Doll Makers where you can create your own doll and I came up with:



I think that's supposed to be grey hair and while mine is still a little more ash blonde than grey, the day is coming. The outfit, minus the scarf, looks like it might have come out of my closet - jeans, Rebocks, denim jacket - all that's missing is a oversized t-shirt under the jacket. I tried to find the selection that would let me select a slightly less Twiggy style physique, but thin is in for the doll, if not for me. Add a few inches in your mind's eye when you look at it {g}.

On the knitting front, I've finished knitting another pair of booties in the bright turquoise and have about 3" of ribbing completed on the Knit Red KAL feather & fan vest. The Needle Master cord that was trying it's best to twist into an infinity symbol yesterday, with just a few rows of ribbing completed, is now semi-straight and behaving itself. I haven't touched the Clapotis since Monday, but will get back to it soon. So the list of projects on the needles consists of: (* = for charity)
  1. Clapotis in Rosy Forecast
  2. Knit Red KAL vest
  3. Baby afghan #9* (another purple & lilac one)
  4. Fair Isle vest of my own design in cream & jetstream that has been neglected for about a year now
  5. Top down cabled yoke cardigan in cranberry Love Knit that I need to decide if I have enough yarn to complete. Love Knit isn't available anymore, so I'm dreading getting to the bottom ribbing and finding out that I'm short.

And I have yarn for, but have not yet started:
  1. More baby booties* (Thanks, Heather!)
  2. At least two more rag-tag adult sized afghans*
  3. More hats*

I think I need a couple more pairs of arms to do I want to get done!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Jane - thanks for the doll maker site. I've made one, now hopefully we can get it onto the blog when blogger cooperates. Thanks for all your help on Knit Red! Can't wait to see that vest!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the doll site. I like yours that you made!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a