Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, March 21, 2005

Happy Birthday, Becky!!

Today is my DED's* birthday.. Just about now on the clock, I was holding her for the very first time. Happy Birthday, Sweetie - I love you lots & lots..

On the knitting front, I finished the front of the red vest.





It's still a little scrunched up in the photo because the back yoke is on a 10" needle, but the close-up especially shows the lace pattern. The lace will stretch out more when the vest is worn. I was worrying that it might be too big for Mom (who is very tiny), but unstretched, it only measures about 31" so it should be ok.

On another topic, I'm wearing my 1st Sock KAL socks this evening and they're quite comfortable. Another time I think I would add a few rows to the length to give my toes more twiddling room, but otherwise they're warm and look pretty good. I know I said that I didn't think that I'd become a sock addict, but I may make another pair or two once I get some of those PIPs I listed last week completed. I have another hat in black & rainbow (Mexicali) variegated on the needles along with more booties and there are a couple more inches finished on the pink baby afghan. The Clapotis has two more stitches to drop before I start the decrease rows. All in all, with the exception of the fair isle vest & the cable yoke cardigan, both of which are still tucked safely in yarn bin #3, all projects are progressing though not as quickly as if I worked on only one at a time. However, variety is the spice of life and with all these projects on going, I sure have variety to spare.

*p.s. DED stands for Darling Eldest Daughter..

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

You *really* knit up a storm. How's your new clapotis compared to the first one?

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a