Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Ollie, Ollie, Oxen Free

Come out, come out, wherever you are!! This has been my weekend for misplacing things. First of all, I wanted to start the lime green vest for Mom, but I couldn't find the pattern leaflet. You have to realize that this house is home to two pack-rats who have never heard the word "simplify" - there were only about 8 stacks of pattern magazines where the leaflet might be. The other dozen or so stacks weren't in consideration because I was sure that I'd seen it recently and those stacks hadn't been disturbed in months. After going through all the stacks without any luck, I decided to look my 24" size nine circular - I didn't find it, but I did find the pattern in Bin #3 under a stack of yarn skeins. The size 9 circular is still in the realm of the missing and I'm wracking my brain unsuccessfully trying to think of a forgotten project that might be using it. Then I picked up the Fuzzy Foot which is now past the heel turn and the gusset and heading toward the toe, only to find that I have pages 1 & 2 of the pattern, but not page 3. Thank goodness for the internet and computers because the pattern is safely filed in a Word document and I printed out page 3 again. And tonight, for the frosting on the cake, I picked up Clapotis #2, only to find that the pattern and the plastic sleeve I keep it in were also among the missing. I'm beginning to suspect gremlins. I printed out another copy and started on the decrease section (and I wonder why I keep running out of ink for my printer???)

On the brighter side, I did go to JoAnne's again on Saturday and bought some more beads and jewelry findings. Here are a couple of the new ones I made marking the lace pattern on the lime green vest.



And some smaller ones in green beads. These will fit on size 5 or smaller needles and the loop for the needle is made from the 2" eye-pins which limits the size. The larger markers use a 13mm earring.



Now to figure out where the blazes that #9 needle is hiding.. Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feh - I know what you mean. I'm searching, off and on, for a size 10 circular that I know I have, but which seems to have vanished into thin air.

I keep scrutinizing the cats to see if they look guilty!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

I like your stitchmarkers a lot. You could probably sell them on e-bay. I also relate to not being able to find things. I have a huge mess.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Jane, I agree that those stitch markers are worthy of ebay selling! And I can't ever find anything I'm looking for, but it pops into view as soon as I start searching seriously for something else. We still say (after my DD's favorite children's book, "Turtles Turn up on Tuesday" to suggest that whatever is missing WILL appear eventually!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a