Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, April 09, 2005

That Was Then, This Is Now



The disassembled sweater yielded two large (front & back) and two medium (sleeves) hanks of yarn, plus small amounts of the colors from the fair isle pattern. To give an idea of scale, the hanks are about 10" long. I haven't gotten my nerve up yet to wash the wool, so it's still pretty crinkled. Strangely, this photo taken with a flash is closer to the actual color of the yarn than the one of the pre-frogged sweater taken in daylight this afternoon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

It's a nice color, much nicer that the grey your camera insisted on portraying. I have the same problem with some colors and my digital camera too.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

You accomplish so much, more than I would even attempt. I'm impressed ! I sent you an email regarding tatting etc. but am wondering if you got it since yahoo sent it to no reply....

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a