Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Winter Wonderland In April?????????????

After almost breaking a high temperature record last Tuesday when it was 83 here in south-east Michigan, today we have 5" of snow on the ground and more on the way. You'll notice a great similarity between this photo and the ones taken & posted back in January & February, but it was taken less than half an hour ago, and if anything, the snow has started falling even faster since then:



ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! It's the end of April!!

On a brighter note, here is a photo of the felted button-hole bag from the recycled Lopi yarn. I may not have left it in the washing machine long enough as I recently read that you shouldn't be able to see the stitches if the item is fully felted, but I like the look and it's both sturdy & the right size to hold a couple skeins of yarn, the project in progress (PIP) and the latest book I'm reading. I like the feel of the handles in my hand. I have enough of the Lopi yarn left that I can make a larger one - maybe I'll felt that one a little more.



The yarn you see peeking out is in the process of becoming more hats for the K4 project. This is the 4th one since Thursday evening. I'm still frogging the earth-tones fair isle and it is a complete *pain* - some of the lengths of yarn are only one width of the piece. I'm getting a fair amount of the beige and the black yarns, but only a little of the other three colors. At least it was only 25ยข and I'm learning a valuable lesson - I passed on a similarly patterned sweater on Friday that was $2 because now I know that frogging one is more trouble than the yarn is worth at that price.

4 Comments:

Blogger freddyknits said...

At least I can tell my kids we can't play outside since it is too yukky, then stay inside & knit!

Still, the snow is a bummer here in AA, too.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Kary said...

Poor you!! I can't imagine having *any* more snow at this time. Please don't send it this way!! :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Love the bag, Jane. I made a couple felted bags from Lopi and found that you could still see the stitches when I had felted them to the size I wanted. I think they look fine like that and so does yours. Now I'm tempted to make one of the buttonhole bags.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

So thats what a button hole bag looks like. I like it. I just got back from vacation and its fun to come over and see the finished results of what you've been up to. :-)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a