Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, April 30, 2005

More garage sale finds

The garage sale pickings weren't super this week, but I did find these two sweaters:



The smoky green one is a slightly bulky 100% cotton that set me back 50¢, but the real find was the light blue one, which was 25¢, and is 80% silk & 20% cashmere. It's short sleeved, but the cowl collar should have quite a bit of yarn. I couldn't find a compatible yarn on the web, but I did find a 30% cashmere / 70% silk blend that was $32 for a 50 gram / 125 yard ball and a 40% silk, 30% lambswool, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon blend that listed at $11 for a 40 gram / 100 yd skein. All I know is that this is some of the softest yarn I've ever had the pleasure of fondling. Now to get it frogged and to figure out what to do with it.

In other news, I'm closing in on the far end of the Aibhlinn cowl and may even finish tonight. Next project is going to have to be a baby afghan for DH's nephew & wife who are expecting a baby boy in June (something I just learned last night). I think I have enough blue & white Coordinates to make something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a