Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Recycle Rhythm

I'm getting a little faster at frogging the garage sale sweaters. The oatmeal one in the last post is now 28 oz of balled yarn. Next visitor to the Frog Pond will be the slightly bulky weight aran from a couple weeks ago. I found a small Weight Watcher's type scale at a sale yesterday that I can use to weigh the yarn - not sure yet how to translate that into yardage which could be a hindrance to deciding if I have enough to complete a pattern. I also found a dark red pullover in acrylic, wool & mohair for $1 that I hope isn't going to be too difficult to frog. With all these finds, it's getting to be a case of so much yarn, so little time to knit {g} I'm almost done with the rust colored shawl that I started Thursday night - should have a photo of it for tomorrow's post.

To answer some of the comments, first of all, thank you for all the kind remarks on DED's crocheting projects! And, yes, Granddaughter is still giggling over her Grandma Jane looking like a Boobah - she especially appreciates the link in that post that takes her to the Boobah site. Four years old and she can navigate a computer already. I remember the first computer we had when her mother was about 8 - 4K of memory and programs stored on cassette tapes - how the world has changed.

Pioggia, thanks for the advice on the slub yarns - if I see another nice one, I'll grab it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a