Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Red Face & Red Font

I started the 7th lace row of the Feather & Fan baby afghan tonight and found an error. Working across the first side, the number of stitches before the end marker didn't come out right, so I tinked back a bit, looked at it again and realized that everything was shifted two stitches to the right. Started counting back in sets of six K2TOGs & six YO, K1s thinking that I'd missed a K2TOG somewhere along the line. No, they all added up right. More tinking, just in case; more counting forward in sets of 6 stitches for the YO, K1s & 12 stitches for the K2TOGs. Still off. Look at the pattern again, specifically at the beginning sequence and realize that there's probably supposed to be two K2TOGs right at the beginning instead of one. Dig out the almost 40 year old handwritten version of the pattern and, sure enough, row 7 is supposed to start with K1, YO,(K2tog)2x & end with (K2tog)2x, YO, K1. Those changes have been made to the pattern and I hope no one (besides me)has run into any trouble because of my typo.

Lacking much knitting content today other than my pattern snafu, I'll try to answer some of the comments from the last week or so:

Heather wants to know what I'm going to do with all the stash I'm building up from recycling my garage sale finds. I honestly don't know. I have plans for more of the felted bags, but a lot of the yarn is sitting there waiting for inspiration to strike. BTW, I found an acrylic & mohair sweater coat today in a brown heather for 75ยข. I think I need to get another stash bin!

I received some nice comments on my recycling efforts from Leah, Sallee, Susie, Sharon & Sue. Recycling is fun and it's an economical way to obtain yarn and even beads for stitch markers. I have to thank the bloggers who set up the Thrifty KAL & REKAL 2005 for the inspiration. Add in the gang at the Felted Bag KAL and there's this energy zipping around as we come up with new ideas and color combinations.

Now that I have the pattern problem cleared up, I'm off to finish the other three sides of row 7.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got your pattern problem fixed. That is never fun.
Felted bags are great! You are going to have all kinds of neat yarns to make bags with. I just bought some yarn to make a felted bag for my mom. I can't wait to start it.
Have a great weekend!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Sometimes patterns are not properly written. I don't always have your patience to figure them out. Have you felted the purple bag yet?

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a