Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ask Not For Whom The Frog Croaks.....

After two & a half trips to the frog pond, here is the current status of the reworked Tivoli tank top.

Tivoli tank - 2, Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The first trip was for the way that the neckline started in stockinette stitch curled out. The second trip was for the non-symmetrical way the ribbing was working out on 90 stitches. I changed the stitch count and it corrected the problem. The half trip occurred when I cast on for the underarm and - completely forgetting the lesson learned on the neckline - started working in all stockinette. Rather than remove three entire rounds, I used a crochet hook to take every other stitch of the underarm down to the cast on row and then worked it back up in purl creating three rows of ribbing which fixed the curling problem in that area. If anyone has looked at the original Tivoli tank (the link to Grumperina's site is in Sunday's post), you'll notice that I changed the cap sleeves by making them deeper and adding three rows of YO, K2TOG "lace" to the edging before working one row of ribbing and then binding off in rib. So far, I think the tank is working - at least I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I've made enough trips to the frog pond and the croaking is really getting on my nerves {g} I wish my camera would do a better job on green shades - the yarn, which looks sort of grey here, is a soft greenish aqua with a silvery cast.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is going to be so pretty Jane! I can't wait to see it finished.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Jane, I wish I had your patience for altering patterns to my liking (and my cheap yarns). I think you're doing a great job.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Sorry it is giving you so much trouble, because the neckline is stylish and the yarn looks very nice - shiny, pretty color, etc. Hope your knitting has learned to behave before you decide to drown it in that pond.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your modifications! I think it has inspired me! Can't wait to see the outcome of yours :)

Brit

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a