Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Just When You Think It's Big Enough....

When I finished the BIG BAD BAG I took a look at it and decided that I could probably fit two or three projects in it at once.. How wrong I was! What does it take to fill the BBB to overflowing? Try a rag-tag afghan and the many balls of yarn that will go into making it. The bag is stuffed to the point that I have to watch to see that some of the balls of yarn don't fall out when I'm carrying it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm seriously considering making an even larger bag..

The current rag-tag afghan is using up the small amounts of pastels & cream/white yarns that were left over from making hats and other items for the K4 charity project. It's probably a little over half finished now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It took a bit of doing to get the above photo. As usual when I spread out anything knit or quilted to photograph, my favorite camera hound gets right in the middle of the picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I finished running the ends in on the sweater that I'm making my grandson. As requested, I included the same fair isle pattern I tried out on the yellow hat a few weeks back. I think it may be a little big on him at first, but at age 6 he's only about a foot shorter than I am, so having more length in the sleeves and body should mean that he can wear it longer even if it's oversized now. I like the way that the cabled neck band and the cables I added to the pattern along the raglan seams came out. Next project will be a new sweater for his little sister.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I love the colors in the current Rag-Tag! And that sweater is just a big WOW! He should love it, even if it's a tad bit right now...
(((hugs)))

7:45 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

No one could object to that sweater. It's beautifully made.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Kary said...

I ADORE this sweater! Great job, Jane!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love the sweater, Jane! And I think I have to start one of the rag tag afghans.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a clever idea with cables on the seams. Cute sweater!
Judi M.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Great sweater! I bet he'll look just adorable!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Jane, I don't know how you find the time to get so much done, but you certainly need a big bag to fit your productivity! Thanks for sharing your patterns.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a