Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, August 19, 2005

Spammed

Comments are disabled for the moment and hidden until I can figure out how to get rid of the spam that was inserted as a comment over night. For some reason, even coming in through the dashboard isn't allowing me to edit posts from the blog or delete comments. I'm going to try rebooting my computer and attempting to get where I can edit so the comments can be shown again.

Update: It took a bit, but the spam has been deleted. To prevent it happening again, I've added in a verification step so that the auto-spammers can't get through. It will mean that to comment, you'll have to type in a word shown on the screen in a wobbly font. I've run into this on a number of other blogs and now I understand why. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

Understandable. I hope this solves your problem.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I've done the exact same thing on my blog, Jane! We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that the spammers don't figure out how to do this, too!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a